Someone who knows how to love you without being told

Thursday, December 25, 2008

As some of you may know I work in the hospitality industry -- a non stop, 24/7/365, the door is always open, the light is always on Marriott hotel in Nashville, TN, which doesn't guarantee me that I will have every single holiday off (or even half of them for that matter) like most traditional occupations do. It's a price that I have to pay for a job that I really enjoy. However, is right of me to expect my boyfriend to pay that price along with me?Here's where I stand. Christmas is coming and I know that I have to work from 7am to 3pm that day (he isn't an early morning person anyways), there isn't any way around it. But ... boyfriend has chosen to take a trip out of town to see his mother again for the 24th, 25th, and 26th which leaves me alone for the holidays in a city where I have no family and the friends that I made in college are going to be headed for their homes as well. Is it ok for me to feel a little anger in the pit of my stomach at his holiday plans and my deserment? Or am I just being selfish? Should I have to tell him that leaving his girlfriend of 3 years alone in the city is angering, to say the least? Or is that something that should be common sense to the common man?Boyfriend is a mama's boy! I knew that when I met him and no amount of coaxing is going to pull him out of that. But when should a man transition from one household to the next? I personally feel that after so many years together and the intertwining of virtually every part of our lives it's time look forward to a home, family. and future of his own.I love him whole heartedly, but with Christmas being the second holiday I would have spent alone this year and New Years a third I am wondering if the feelings are reciprocated. What is a girl to do?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three years, huh? Interesting...
So when's the wedding?